Friday, March 30, 2012

part a question 5

Some features that I would include in my database include: (this is based off of iTunes)

Genius (similar music) – In my opinion, this is the best feature of an online music store. This is because the customer is suggested various songs or albums that are similar to the music that they have now. This gives the customer an opportunity to discover and listen to new music/artists that are very similar to the music that they enjoy listening to now.

Top Charts – I particularly enjoy this feature for online music stores because I can see the top songs and albums that people are purchasing. This shows the music that is popular right now and what people are listening to. For some customers who like to be current with their music, this feature is very advantageous.

Accounts – I think this feature of online music stores is very important for several reasons. For one, there is increased security. This is because the customer has to type in their username and password in order to purchase music. This reduces the chance of someone purchasing songs without the customer being aware that their money is being used. I like the idea of interaction between user accounts – how customers can gift other users with songs, etc. Also, the ability to store money in accounts from gift cards is a very nifty feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment